Wednesday 24 February 2016

Lode print and coaster success

The 18th century Lode Mill is situated in the grounds of the National Trust property, Anglesey Abbey. It is a working watermill and grinds flour on a weekly basis.  In its history it has also been used to grind cement, although thankfully it has been renovated since those days!

I'm really pleased with how my new drypoint print of Lode Mill has turned out.  I wanted to highlight the silver birch trees on the right and contrast them against the vibrant orange hand-made tiles of the roof.  The reflections in the lode were also a focal point of the design.


I've also had the print reproduced onto coasters, some of which I delivered to the shop at Anglesey Abbey last Thursday - they had sold out by Sunday!  More are on order.

No comments :