Monday 31 October 2011

Cambridge Contemporary Art


I met two of my favourite artists on Friday at the preview of their new show at Cambridge Contemporary Art.  Rob Ryan, who signed my copy of 'This is for You' and the fabulous printmaker Angie Lewin.
 
I have her book 'Plants and Places' which is full of examples of her lino cuts, screen prints and lithographs.  The things I like best are images from her sketch book.  At the show, she was saying how she was sketching in Scotland recently, when she spotted a sea otter just a couple of metres away from her, watching her sketching!  Quite magical and lovely to hear the stories behind her artwork.

2 comments :

Anna said...

Hi Alison, I have just found your blog!Well done, it's fun! I also met Angie and Rob that evening - it was a lovely evening, super work. I will mention you on my blog, www.annapye@blogspot.com will you give me a mention on yours please? Sorry I won't be able to get to your sale on the 21st as I have a funeral now that day. Anna

Alison Hullyer said...

I have invites to a few Christmas Open Studios, so I will list them all on here very soon.